Meta Description: Humans have looked up to the stars for guidance since the beginning of time. The belief that celestial bodies influence earthly and human events is what Astrology is all about.
Introduction: The curiosity to know something about the future, a longing for self-discovery, stress, uncertainty, and an overall expansion and explosion in pop culture are why people are still into Astrology.
Astrology is no longer regarded as a scholarly tradition but a science today with reason and logic backing it up. According to my astrology, it is based on the belief that the exact positions of the planets and stars at the time of birth define the life path of an individual and set the tone for their life.
For years, people have turned to Astrology to help predict their future, prevent mishaps, and know the best thing to do for them in difficult situations. It helps people in tough life situations as a guiding light and paves their way out.
Reasons People Turn To Astrology:
- Stress and Uncertainty: Life is full of mysterious and hard times, and nobody can say what will happen next. Every individual has a life path full of ups and downs. If there are rain showers, then there are rainbows as well. The important thing to remember is that these are just tough times, and they shall pass. Stress and uncertainty may foster a person’s interest in Astrology because having a method of making sense of an otherwise uncontrollable and difficult situation may seem appealing.
It is human nature to stress over things we cannot control or stress out of uncertainty about future outcomes. The human brain is hardwired to seek a certain level of certainty; some people resort to astrology or talk to astrologer. Astrology may not provide definite answers but can be instrumental in providing meaningful explanations of confusing life situations. In addition, it can provide reassurance about the future, thus providing great comfort and reducing distress. People turn to Astrology when they find themselves in negative times or age of uncertainty. In times of personal crisis or facing stresses in life, people resort to this ancient science and find comfort.
- Self-Discovery: Various individuals are drawn to Astrology to know themselves better and become more self-aware. The people who are unable to express themselves openly resort to astrology. Live astrology can greatly influence and even validate a person’s self-concept and increase their certainty and knowledge about their attributes. It helps people understand themselves better and their environment.
- Increased Exposure: Astrology has gained widespread popularity, thanks to celebrities worldwide promoting it and using it in their lives. It has become a huge part of pop culture today, which explains its increasing popularity and interest among youth today. Frequent exposure to various aspects of astrology may force people to find it intriguing and practice it themselves. In addition, frequent sharing and reading of information about astrology may build communities around it.
However, it is important to note that what may work for one person may not work for the other. The increasing popularity of astrology has given rise to the need to emphasize assessing the reasons behind this science and why people resort to it.
- A Thread between past, present, and future: Human beings constantly feel the need to see a connection between their past, present, and future. They constantly need to seek narratives to help weave their past, present, and future together. People seek to validate the actions of their past, present, and future through astrology. For years, it has helped people know who they are, what their purpose in life is, and what is the right path for them to follow.
- Horoscope reading: It is a common ritual for people worldwide to read their horoscopes first thing in the morning. The giant concepts behind astrology science are boiled down into understandable words for people to have an insight into their day, week, or month. It helps in gaining an insight into their short-term plans. It can help decide when to take a major decision when to avoid fighting or crossing someone over when to be cautious of certain people at work or home. These might not always be correct or accurate but are instrumental in understanding certain situations or circumstances.
- The Digital Age: Astrology is still prevalent, thanks to its digitalization. The internet is full of online services such as daily, weekly, monthly horoscopes, talk to astrologer over the phone, tarot reading, etc. All this has caught the eye of the millennials, who see it more as a means of entertainment.
Astrology, an ancient science, is still prevalent today, years later in the 21st century, owing to the prominent reason and logic. It would have been left behind years ago if it had been merely based on myth or superstition. Astrology has been instrumental in helping people see the good in adverse times and be positive when things are tough as it can, if not accurately, predict the outcome. This gives people hope to hang in there until the storm clears itself.